Sun, Oct 01|
2023 Loretta Fine Art Retreat at Ghost Ranch
A Unique 6 Day Plein Air and Studio Painting Retreat. A South West adventure. Experience the Spirit of Place once explored and painted by Georgia O’Keeffe, where she had the “freedom to paint what she saw and felt”..
Time & Location
Oct 01, 2023, 12:00 PM MDT – Oct 07, 2023, 12:00 PM MDT
Ghost Ranch, Abiquiu, NM 87510, USA
About The Event
- Be inspired.
- Hands on Guided Studio Workshop. Plein Air Painting.
- Explore and Paint the Essence of Nature.
- Paint the spirit of this high desert land with layers of color and texture.
- Experience the light of expansive skies, painting transparency and movement.
- Study composition, line, value, texture, perspective, and color.
- Learn innovative techniques with earth pigments and non-traditional tools.
- Plein air sessions. Group and open studio (24 hours).
- Develop paintings with depth space, linear and atmospheric perspective.
- Create with bold expression.
- Build confidence.
- Explore your personal style.
- Learn to paint like you draw with movement, rhythm, variety, and harmony.
- A class packed with information in a fun, relaxed environment.
- One on one guidance.
- Group critiques.
- Acrylic, oil , and watercolor/gouache paint supply list upon registration.
- All mediums welcome. Some studio project materials included.
Sketch the Landscape Tour
We will sketch from many of Georgia O’Keefe viewpoints that are inspiring and close up amazing rock formations that she painted on Ghost Ranch. Custom Sketching Tour: Monday, October 3, from 8:30am-11:45am Combined bus tour and stopping points for sketching with pencil, charcoal, or watercolor pencils. The tour will be approximately 55 minutes with about 2 hours to sketch with my instruction. if interested in introducing color please bring Watercolor Pencils..I will have some extra on hand.$46.00
Package 1 Historic Cottage Lodging: Private room, private bath $165.x 6 nights = $990. Meals: 204. Workshop: 950. Conservation Fee: 5. Total Fee $2,149.$2,149.00
Package #2 Private room, shared bath in-between with one other room. $145.x 6 nights. Lodging: $870. Meals: $204. Workshop: $950. Conservation: $5. Total Fee: $2,029.$2,029.00Sold Out
Package #3 Dorm Style Room
Package #3Dorm Style Room. 3 to 4 beds per room, Communal bath. $95.x 6 nights. Lodging: $570. Meals: $204. Workshop: $950. Conservation: $5. Total Fee: $1,729.$1,729.00
Package #4 RV Campsite with (full hookup) with Meals. $40.x 6 nights. Lodging: $240. Meals: $204. Workshop: $950. Conservation: $5. Total Fee: $1,399.$1,399.00
Package #5 RV Campsite (full hookup) Without Meals. $40.x 6 nights. Lodging: $240. Workshop: $950. Conservation: $5. Total Fee: $1,195.$1,195.00Sold Out
Package #6 Tent Campsite WITH Electricity. $35.x 6 nights. Lodging: $210. Meals: $204. Workshop: $950. Conservation: $5. Total Fee: $1,369.$1,369.00
Package #7 Tent Campsite WITHOUT Electricity. $30.x 6 nights. Lodging: $180. Meals: $204. Workshop: $950. Conservation: $5. Total Fee: $1,339.$1,339.00
Package #8 Guest
Package #8 Shared Accommodations: Non-Workshop Participant Meals: $204. Conservation: $5. Total Fee: $209.$209.00
Registration for Workshop Participant who is sharing accommodations with another workshop participant. The first participant selected specific room type and paid in full. Accommodation cost is negotiated independently between individuals. Paying for Art Workshop, Meals, and Ghost Ranch Conservation Fee.$1,159.00Sold Out